- 1kg Texas BBQ Ribs
For the Mac’n’Cheese
- 200g Macaroni pasta
- 50g Butter
- 50g Flour
- 500ml Milk
- 150g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- 3tbsp American Mustard
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 ltr oil for frying + extra flour and milk for crumbing
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- For the ribs, place in a deep roasting tray with ½ cup water and cover with foil. Cook at 170c for 2 hours.
- For the mac’n’cheese – cook and drain the pasta per packet instruction. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes, add milk slowly, stirring constantly until smooth. Simmer for 2 more minutes, then stir in cheese, parsley and mustard. Fold through cooked pasta, season with salt & pepper and set in a lined small loaf tin for 3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Turn the mac n cheese out and cut in to large 3cm slices. To crumb, whisk 2 eggs with 2 tablespoon of milk. Dust the slices completely first in flour, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil or deep fryer to 170c, fry the macaroni for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Glaze the ribs with remaining marinate in the tray before serving