Seared Eye Fillet with Potato & Thyme Galette, Mushroom Marsala Cream Sauce & Broccolini
- 4 x Harvey Premium Eye Fillet Steaks
- 2 large potato peeled
- 4 tbsp. fresh thyme, picked & chopped
- 6tbsp melted butter
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms cut in quarters
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 200ml Marsala sherry
- 400ml fresh cream
- Sea salt flakes & cracked black pepper
- For the sauce – sauté the shallot, garlic and 2tbsp thyme in 1 tbsp. of butter until soft, add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, add sherry and on a medium heat simmer until the liquid has reduced by 3/4. Then add the cream and reduce on a gentle heat, until it reduces by half again to thicken. Season with a pinch of salt & black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180c, very thinly slice potato into disks and on a lined baking tray layer into 4 individual circles about 7cm in diameter, brush with melted butter, sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper, repeat with a second layer on top of the first. Bake at 180c for approximately 15 minutes until golden and tender.
- Season steaks generously with sea salt and black pepper, heat a fry pan or grill plate until very hot and sear each side until golden brown. Transfer to 180c oven for approx. 4 minutes for Medium Rare (52c internal using a meat thermometer). Remove from oven and allow to rest on a cooling rack for 6 minutes before serving.
- Cook broccoli florets just before serving in rapidly boiling water for 30 seconds, drain and season with olive oil & sea salt.
- To serve, place hot galettes in the centre of the plate, top with steak & a generous amount of sauce, garnish with broccoli florets.