- 4 Harvey Premium Eye Fillet Steaks
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 large carrot
- 50g bean shoots
- 200g Chinese cabbage
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- 4 radishes finely shaved
- 1\2 cucumber shaved into ribbons
- 1 bunch coriander leaves torn
- 1 bunch mint leaves torn
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- Pre-heat oven to 160c & a frying pan to very hot, season eye fillet steaks with salt and pepper and sear with a little oil in the pan, for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to oven and cook for 3 minutes each side. For rare check for 50c internal using a digital meat thermometer. Remove from oven allow to rest for 5 minutes on a cooling rack and chill in the fridge.
- For the dressing over a gentle heat dissolve the sugar in the fish sauce and vinegar, cool and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Thinly slice the capsicums and carrot, shred the cabbage very finely. Mix with the other salad, vegetables and torn herbs.
- To serve thinly slice beef and mix with vegetables and generous amount of salad dressing.